Systems Support Analyst
Location: Edmonton, AB
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking for a Systems Support Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations, the Systems Support Analyst is responsible for diagnosing and resolving internal hardware and software issues that arise, and for facilitating a timely solution. The Systems Support Analyst is the first point of contact for internal users with technical issues and spends the majority of time resolving tickets and escalating technical issues to the various information system teams, as needed.
The Systems Support Analyst would be accountable for providing internal technology support, issues resolution and user access, and for industry leading use of data and technology-enabled products.
- Analyze Help Desk tickets and resolve them in a timely fashion.
- Support technical issues escalated from the Customer Service Team.
- Set-up new hires on Firma systems; establish workstations.
- Assign user access and resolve user access issues.
- Terminate/ remove users who are no longer with Firma.
- Troubleshoot desktop hardware and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot/ manage software used in Firma day-to-day business.
- Create deployment packages and assist with software deployment.
- Monitor desktop and server security by maintaining anti-virus solutions.
- Create custom scripts to automate tasks.
- Manage user email.
- Manage mobile devices.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of diligence and attention to detail.
- Solid working knowledge of Information Technology security best practices.
- Ability to clearly communicate and write concise documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, with a customer service focus.
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Windows Networking Tools
- Dymo Label Software
- Projector and conference room support
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SCCM
- Broadband troubleshooting
- General printer and hardware maintenance
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) processes, legislation, and procedures
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drives for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in the field of computer science or information systems.
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service or support desk role.
The shift is during the day, Monday to Friday
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form of bonus.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.