About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Systems Administrator (Job ID: 502):
Reporting to the Manager IS Services, the Systems Administrator will provide support for a full range of provide support for internal technology, network issues resolution, and industry-leading use of data and technology-enabled products within the organization to support the achievement of business objectives and goals.
- Manage, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot the following:
- Network Infrastructure including; switches, firewalls, VPN portals & Wi-Fi access points;
- Virtual Infrastructure (VMware);
- Storage & Server infrastructure;
- Data and server replicas and backups;
- Network, server, application, and database security;
- Microsoft 365 applications and services; and
- Office phone system infrastructure.
- Plan and allocate storage for virtual infrastructure, file servers, and the database system.
- Perform Windows server & desktop support.
- Perform Active Directory and Azure Active Directory administration.
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement software and hardware.
- Configure system, storage, and SQL Server monitoring utilities to improve alerting.
- Plan, test, and perform server upgrades, including Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL Server.
- Resolve escalated Help desk tickets and provide help desk support coverage when required.
- Perform Hardware support, including; servers, desktops, printers, card readers, cell phones, and other peripheral equipment.
- Deploy operating systems, software, and updates to client workstations and servers.
- Document processes & procedures.
- Ensure software license compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of diligence and attention to detail.
- Solid working knowledge of Information Technology security best practices.
- Ability to clearly communicate and write concise documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Windows Networking Tools
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware vSphere
- Anti Money Laundering (AML) processes, legislation, and procedures
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drives for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in computer science or information systems or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Information Technology, including:
- 1 year of end-user support experience and
- 1 year of administration of servers, networking, security systems, or virtual infrastructure.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn a corporate incentive payment based on 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job ID: 502
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.