Supervisor Treasury Innovation and Operations
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Supervisor Treasury Innovation and Operations:
The Supervisor Treasury Innovation and Operations will help drive Firma’s growing corporate Treasury operations by implementing and maintaining the Treasury department’s integrity, reliability, and team-first culture while bringing a mindset of digital innovation and continuous improvement. This will be accomplished by supporting the implementation of effective Treasury policies, procedures and processes that balance Firma’s strategic, operational, financial, and reputational risk. The Supervisor Treasury Innovation and Operations will ensure implementation of: robust internal controls; industry standard KPIs; reporting and variance analysis techniques; and coaching and mentoring to members of the team.
- Supervise members of the Treasury Innovation and Operations team - understand the competencies required for successful team performance and utilize this knowledge to coach, mentor and develop employees.
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders both within and outside the organization, including key banking partners.
- Research, evaluate, help create business case for and support the implementation of new Treasury technology, AI, machine learning and/or software in alignment with digital innovation
- Review Treasury processes on an ongoing basis to determine efficiencies/effectiveness and provide recommendations to the management team.
- Continually review back-office Treasury operations for continuous process improvement and automation
- Analyze Treasury metrics for daily, weekly and monthly reports required by department’s management.
- Review Treasury (including new product approval) policies and procedures to align with industry sound practice.
- Work with banking partners for all banking documentation including bank accounts and credit lines.
- Work with banking partners to understand industry standards and industry innovation related to Cash Management and Financial Risk and Position Profit related items.
- Work closely with the Enterprise System and IT teams to ensure Treasury and IT digital strategies are aligned
- Improvement of data integrity and reliability.
- Supervision of administration and management of online banking, bank account setup, signing authorities.
- Supervision of administration and management of Treasury expense reimbursements, travel, tuition and education.
- Supervision of administration and management of Treasury-related invoices
- Work collaboratively with the other supervisors in the Treasury department to create a cross-functional, collaborative, high-performing team.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to forecast issues; forward looking.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and business partners.
- A high level of attention to detail, strong written and oral communication.
- Understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Strong understanding of financial institutions and banking systems.
- High-level financial skill: cash management, accounting, financial risk management.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Openness to the ideas of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles.
- Self-motivated and ability to function well independently.
- Strong understanding of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) bodies of knowledge.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Organizational Savvy
- Develops Talent
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Finance or Accounting
- Completion of, or working towards a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- A minimum of 5 years’ supervisor experience in treasury or finance.
- Previous involvement in the implementation of a Treasury Management System, equivalent Treasury software or ERP.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 15% of salary in the form of our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.