Location: Montréal, QC
We believe business across borders can be less complex. At Firma Foreign Exchange, our International Payment and Currency Specialists provide global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. Established in 1998 in Edmonton, Alberta, Firma has grown to become a global company and is the 25th largest financial institution in Canada. We are trusted to move more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. All of our clients have a dedicated full-time Currency Specialist, monitoring the elements that can affect currency and providing our clients with a competitive exchange rate anywhere in the world, every time. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certified and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Sales Operations team, located at our Montréal office.
As a Sales Associate, your goal is to cold call sales leads and onboard new customers.
- Cold call small and medium sized businesses
- Generate sales opportunities with business owners or directors to promote Firma’s product offering
- Work alongside Currency Specialists and Sales Representatives
- Report and work alongside with a Sales Manager
- In addition to working marketing leads, self-generate new leads, appointments, and referrals through day-to-day business activity
- Build, manage, and maintain sales pipeline
- Understand potential client’s needs and requirements
- Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to speak, read, communicate in French
- High school education required
- Previous experience in a sales role is an asset
- Previous experience in a financial services is an asset
- Ability to represent Firma to the highest professional standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in both English and French preferred
- Strong telephone etiquette when speaking to clients
- Ability to handle a large workload, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proven track record of successful sales and customer service experience
- Competencies - customer and service focus, and driven for results
- $50,000 annual salary
- Variable bonus scheme available
- Medical and dental benefits
- 10 vacation days, 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment)
- After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter identifying Sales Associate in the subject line (re:) line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.