We believe business across borders can be less complex. At Firma Foreign Exchange, our International Payment and Currency Specialists provide global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. Established in 1998 in Edmonton, Alberta, Firma has grown to become a global company and is the 25th largest financial institution in Canada. We are trusted to move more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. All of our clients have a dedicated full-time Currency Specialist, monitoring the elements that can affect currency and providing our clients with a competitive exchange rate anywhere in the world, every time. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certified and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the Project Manager’s role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis. The Project Manager should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. The Project Manager also needs to be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business owners and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. The project plans are to estimate and track the use of people, time, and money.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals including people, time, and money, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver proposals, requirements documentation, progress reports, and presentations.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Competences:
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Consistent use of Essential PM Disciplines
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Project Management Practitioner (CPMP) is considered an asset.
- 10 years’ experience Project Managing information technology implementations
- Experience working in the foreign exchange or financial industry preferred.
- Experience with financial system implementations preferred.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% in the form of bonus.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.