Manager Cash Management
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Manager Cash Management:
Reporting to the VP Treasury, the Manager Cash Management oversees the Cash Management team responsible for all global consolidated cash management functions of the business including managing, forecasting, pooling and reporting on bank account balances and ensuring each global entity has sufficient liquidity in order to maintain operations and service the company’s stakeholders.
- Manage and lead the Cash Management team and understand the competencies required for successful team performance and utilize this knowledge to coach and develop team.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization, including key banking partners.
- Work closely with the Manager Financial Risk & Position Profit and Manager Trade & Payments Management to create a team environment and cross-functional, high-performing Treasury department.
- Develop and implement best-in-class consolidated cash forecasting and variance analysis procedures and processes.
- Develop and implement strong internal controls related to cash management.
- Develop and implement best-in-class cash reporting procedures.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve the liquidity of the business.
- Develop, implement and report on metrics related to cash management.
- Recommend, implement and manage strategy around pooling of global cash balances.
- Oversee the management of the daily cash needs and liquidity requirements of the bank accounts related to trading operations.
- Oversee the management of the daily cash needs and liquidity requirements of the bank accounts related to internal operating operations including funding of operating accounts, working capital payments and financing payments such as dividends, interest payments, collateral payments, etc.
- Develop and manage the strategy for Firma’s FXTD program, including determining the desired level of the program and recommending appropriate interest rates to be offered to customers.
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency, while also utilizing relevant internal technology to efficiently manage cash needs and deliverables.
- Align with the corporate strategy and priorities; actively participate in the development of the department’s strategy, structure, process, competencies, leadership style and culture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to forecast issues; forward looking.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and business partners.
- A high level of attention to detail, strong written and oral communication.
- Strong understanding of financial institutions and banking systems.
- Robust knowledge of global payment methods and trends.
- Working knowledge of trading management and reporting systems.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Openness to the ideas of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles.
- Strong understanding of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) bodies of knowledge.
- Self-motivated and ability to function well independently.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Leadership Competencies:
- Organizational Savvy
- Develops Talent
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Commerce with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation is required.
- 5 to 10 years’ related experience in treasury and global consolidated cash management.
- Supervisory experience considered a strong asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 15% of salary in the form of bonus.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.