I.T. Infrastructure Administrator
FIRMA Foreign Exchange is one of the world’s largest foreign exchange providers with locations across 3 Continents: North America, Europe and Australasia. Our company has over 17,000 customers worldwide and 23 international offices. We trade in all major international currencies in an excess of 5 billion dollars annually.
Are you an I.T. generalist with a passion for I.T. and continuous learning?
FIRMA Foreign Exchange is looking for a self-motivated IT Infrastructure Administrator to join the I.T. team, at our Edmonton Head Office. The successful candidate will offer their knowledge, experience, confidence and be an active team player.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team which greatly values collaboration and open communication. FIRMA Foreign Exchange will continue to invest in your career development by assisting you with further technical training.
- Infrastructure management and troubleshooting (servers, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.).
- Network security & monitoring.
- Windows server & desktop support.
- Active Directory administration.
- Investigation, evaluation, and implementation of software and hardware.
- Helpdesk administration.
- Hardware support, including; servers, desktops, printers, card readers, cell phones, and other peripheral equipment.
- Documentation of various processes & procedures.
A qualified candidate will have experience in a number of the following areas, but not necessarily all:
- VMware administration.
- Backup administration – Veeam & Backup Exec.
- Administration of Juniper, Fortinet, or Palo Alto products.
- SAN Administration.
- Citrix administration.
- CRM administration.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years related experience.
- Ability to independently learn and implement new technologies
- High competency in I.T. security best practices and administration of related devices and systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate and accept feedback in a professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks.
- High attention to problem description, detail, and impact.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma or Certification from a Technical Program an asset.
- Previous experience in a customer service or support desk role.
- Salary will be discussed during the interview.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 10 vacation days, 5 personal days, 0.5 Friday per month.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPod, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events.
The hours for this position are typically 8:00am to 4:00pm, 37.5 hrs a week. Our operation runs 24/7, so there will be a need for the individual to be on call from time to time, hence flexibility is required.
If this opportunity is of interest and you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: email applications without the inclusion of a professional email body will be discarded. Please use the email body as a substitute for your cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Competition is open until suitable candidate found.