FX Specialist (Job ID: 525):
Reporting to the Manager Accounts, the FX Specialist or Senior FX specialist is primarily responsible for managing relationships with new and existing clients. The successful candidate will ensure all foreign exchange needs are met, while delivering value through a customer first approach.
- Establish, secure and manage customer relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Deliver a high level of customer service
- Significant cold calling to establish profitable client base.
- Handle incoming phone calls and provide clients with exchange rates in accordance with company policy.
- Process trades, ensuring all booked transactions are accurately entered.
- Retain client loyalty through proactive phone calls and responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foreign exchange market to provide market information to clients.
- Complete all client overnight bids and forward contracts.
- Meet with established clients as required.
- Adherence to compliance obligations and all company policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and knowledge of Firma’s products and services and the foreign exchange market.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Client service minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple clients demands and priorities.
- Demonstrated success with cold calling.
- Demonstrated perseverance when establishing and building relationships with clients.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Business or related field.
- Preference given to candidates with past experience in foreign exchange.
- History of exceeding targets / metrics in a Sales role.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission structure; FX Specialist’s income is performance driven.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system (household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.).
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial, and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty, and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence, and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services, and processes.
Firma is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Firma provides a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to Firma’s continued success.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Place to Work Certification and won Great Place to Work in 2018.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com, referencing job ID: 525 as the subject line.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.