Enterprise Risk Manager
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Enterprise Risk Manager:
The Enterprise Risk Manager manages and characterizes potential risks to the business, including, for example, financial, operational, strategic and credit risks. The Enterprise Risk Manager works with business stakeholders to report risks to the Executive and Board, and works to implement risk management practices within the business.
Work focuses on financial, insurance, operational, project, market and/or regulatory risk including:
- Working with business stakeholders to identify risks within the business with an aim to categorize and prepare a report of these risks to the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Risk analysis and modelling to assess probability of specific risks occurring and evaluate/value the impact/consequences of occurrence.
- Working with business stakeholders to identify both risk management and opportunities to either take advantage of risk opportunities or reduce overall risk.
- Developing process and procedures to report on, manage, and mitigate risks to acceptable levels
- Manages Firma’s overarching Incident Response Plan, which include the business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Optimizing Firma’s insurance coverage to cover identified risks where available and relevant to the business.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple demands and priorities.
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Understanding of the Financial Services Industry
- Understanding of Financial Service Regulation
- Corporate Finance, Statistics and/or Math
- Organizational Skills
- Develops Talent
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
Education and Experience:
- University Diploma or Degree in business, finance, or a related field.
- PRMIA, GARP or similar risk management certification an asset.
- A minimum of three years in a risk management position.
- A minimum of one year of management level experience is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in the financial, payments, derivatives or securities industry preferred.
- Experience in regulatory compliance, licensing, internal audit and controls an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form of bonus.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.