About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Enterprise Architect (Job ID: 508):
Reporting to the Director Digital Innovation, the Enterprise Architect will set the IT direction, improve the IT infrastructure including cloud, and optimize IT operations while aligning delivery to support the achievement of business objectives and goals.
- Enable an enterprise approach to technology portfolio management, facilitate impact analysis of the changes driven by the business, evolution of technologies, and/or external factors (e.g. vendor product roadmaps, technology trends etc.)
- Develop and coordinate architecture planning
- Advise and assist business stakeholders and project delivery teams in aligning within enterprise architecture standards & principles while promoting reusability, interoperability, use of shared resources and services, flexibility and agility of the business solutions
- Serve as an advisor to the business on information integration strategies through driving business technology planning, architectural alignment discussions and solution feasibility analysis
- Create business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals and align the technology target state with business vision
- Conduct research to inform strategic directions & guidance
- Develop target state architectures across application, data, network and infrastructure domains to align with business strategy and priorities
- Determine and implement strategic principles & technology standards in alignment with overall business strategy
- Evaluate systems engineering, operations, and security models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes for improvement opportunities
- Recommend improvements in current state architecture to increase cost effectiveness, and simplify the environment, while ensuring quality outcomes
- Develop roadmaps to reflect priority initiatives to progress towards target outcomes highlighting dependencies
- Organize training to improve employees' knowledge and skills for future organizational growth and architecture roadmap alignment
- Provide guidance to improve the efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals
- Evaluate business initiatives & technologies for alignment with future state architectures as well as cost savings and revenue growth potential
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment
- Client service minded
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong dedication to confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in system architecture
- Experience in modeling and graphic representations
- Experience in cloud architecture
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn a corporate incentive payment based on 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job ID: 508
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.