Director Treasury Innovation and Operations
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Director Treasury Innovation & Operations:
The Director Treasury Innovation & Operations will help drive Firma’s growing corporate Treasury operations by implementing and maintaining the Treasury department’s integrity, reliability, and team-first culture while bringing a mindset of digital innovation and continuous improvement. This will be accomplished by developing and implementing effective Treasury policies, procedures and processes that balance Firma’s strategic, operational, financial, and reputational risk. The Director Treasury Innovation & Operations will ensure implementation of: robust internal controls; industry standard KPIs; reporting and variance analysis techniques; and coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Manage and lead the Treasury Innovation & Operation team - understand the competencies required for successful team performance and utilize this knowledge to coach, mentor and develop the team.
- Energize and inspire the team – generating excitement, a sense of pride, and a drive to excel.
- Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders both within and outside the organization, including key banking partners.
- Work closely with all direct reports of the VP Treasury, including the Director Cash Management and Manager Financial Risk & Position Profit to create a team environment and cross-functional, high-performing Treasury department.
- Align with the corporate strategy and priorities and execute on Treasury’s mission and vision, including focus on strategy, operations, culture and digital innovation.
- Support and execute on strategic initiatives related to Treasury innovation and growth.
- Research, evaluate, create business case for and lead the implementation of new Treasury technology, AI, machine learning and/or software in alignment with digital innovation.
- Continually review back-office Treasury operations for continuous process improvement and automation.
- Develop detailed Treasury (including new product approval) policies and procedures to align with industry sound practice.
- Oversight of creation of all policies, procedures and processes in the Treasury department.
- Assist in implementing, monitoring and maintaining robust internal controls in Treasury and help strengthen the internal control environment with better recording, tracking, and reporting of control activities.
- Develop and implement best-in-class reporting techniques for all Treasury KPIs for reporting to management.
- Work with banking partners for all banking documentation including bank accounts and credit lines.
- Work with banking partners to understand industry standards and industry innovation related to Cash Management and Financial Risk & Position Profit related items.
- Work closely with the Enterprise System and IT teams to ensure Treasury and IT digital strategies are aligned.
- Improvement of data integrity and reliability.
- Oversight of administration and management of online banking, bank account setup, signing authorities.
- Oversight of administration and management of Treasury expense reimbursements, travel, tuition and education.
- Oversight of administration and management of Treasury-related invoices.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to forecast issues; forward looking.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and business partners.
- A high level of attention to detail, strong written and oral communication.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Strong understanding of financial institutions and banking systems.
- High-level financial skill: cash management, accounting, financial risk management.
- Strong background in global, consolidated cash management strategies.
- Robust knowledge of global payment methods and trends.
- Strength in creating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of trading management and reporting systems.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Openness to the ideas of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles.
- Self-motivated and ability to function well independently.
- Strong understanding of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) bodies of knowledge.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Organizational Savvy
- Develops Talent
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Commerce with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ related management experience in treasury or finance.
- Previous experience in IT systems or leading the implementation of a Treasury Management System, equivalent Treasury software or ERP.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 15% of salary in the form of our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.