About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management & Analytics, the Data Modeler will assist with the design and implementation of company databases. Working closely with a Data Architect and Analysts, implement data modeling solutions in order to streamline and support enterprise information management. The Data Modeler will meet organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and physical data models. The Data Modeler is accountable for building, maintaining, and optimizing database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Identify areas where data can be used to improve business activities, defining business users’ requirements.
- Using a deep understanding of data flows, propose and implement innovative data solutions.
- Create optimal physical data models of datasets, then create and maintain data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains and systems
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization.
- Set standards for document naming, security, and lifecycle & retention architecture.
- Make recommendations for standardization and proper data usage, bases off of data analysis.
- Champion the usage of data within the business and communicate the benefits and ROI.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence data backend, including data warehouses.
- Assist in system integration by modelling data from legacy systems prior to migration.
- Administer mapping of all data sources and movement and analyze it to ensure appropriate quality of all data.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Monitor and identify appropriate technology, tools, systems, and resources to maintain an optimized, scalable, and robust data environment.
- Coordinate with data science partners to identify future needs and requirements.
- Collaborate and work with end users to ensure that data and reports meet their business needs.
- Help develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture.
- Analyze information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes.
- Determine procedures to identify and collect all required data, validate processes, and recommend improvements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to see the big picture, while understanding the fine details.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools to represent insights.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas, using data analysis or modelling tools (e.g. Power Designer, ERWin, ER/Studio).
- Understanding of RDBMS platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, DB2 / UDB).
- Understanding of ETL and/or ELT processes, for designing data lakes.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization would be an asset.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Computing Science, or Information Management, or related field.
- 2 to 3 years’ hands-on experience with physical and relational data modeling.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in SQL coding.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.