About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Reporting to the Manager Accounts, the FX Specialist is primarily responsible for sourcing and communicating the sale of foreign currency to clients and providing excellent relationship management to ensure all foreign exchange needs are addressed, while acting as a liaison for clients.
- Establish, secure and manage customer relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Significant cold calling to establish profitable client base.
- Handle incoming phone calls and provide clients with exchange rates in accordance with company policy.
- Process trades, ensuring all booked transactions are accurately entered.
- Retain client loyalty through proactive phone calls and responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foreign exchange market to provide market information to clients.
- Complete all client overnight bids and forward contracts.
- Meet with established clients as required.
- Adherence to compliance obligations and all company policies.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and knowledge of Firma’s products and services and the foreign exchange market.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Influential and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making.
- Proven ability to work effectively and professionally in a dynamic environment while managing multiple client demands and priorities.
- Demonstrated success with cold calling.
- Demonstrated perseverance when establishing & building relationships with clients.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Business or related field.
- Preference given to candidates with past experience in foreign exchange.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission structure; FX Specialist’s income is performance driven.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Position comes with a potential book of business.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.