Business Process Analyst
Location: Edmonton, AB
We believe business across borders can be less complex. At Firma Foreign Exchange, our International Payment and Currency Specialists provide global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. Established in 1998 in Edmonton, Alberta, Firma has grown to become a global company and is the 25th largest financial institution in Canada. We are trusted to move more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. All of our clients have a dedicated full-time Currency Specialist, monitoring the elements that can affect currency and providing our clients with a competitive exchange rate anywhere in the world, every time. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certified and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Business Process Analyst
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking for a Business Process Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Systems, the Business Process Analyst’s role is to analyze and design operational processes to optimize the efficiency of the organization. Over time this portfolio would be enterprise-wide in nature, encompassing all IS-related business, financial, and operations systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes analyzing and optimizing the flow of information in support of business functions and systems requirements.
The Business Process Analyst would be responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This position will partners with key business areas to ensure the alignment of business strategy on technology investments.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models. Standard methodologies are to be used to develop an enterprise-wide perspective over time.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications, ensuring that standard modeling practices are followed across the organization.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Competences:
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Excellent knowledge of Business Process Modeling Notation.
- Understanding of application development life cycle concepts.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply them to application issues and business problems as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance.
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) recognized post-secondary certification in Business Analysis is considered an asset.
- Eight years in a Business Process Analyst / Business Analyst role with relevant process modeling experience
- Experience working in the foreign exchange or financial industry preferred.
The shift is during the day, Monday to Friday.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.