About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Systems, the Business Analyst supports the business in analyzing system abilities to meet changing business needs. This position will develop a close relationship with designated business leads, to act as the liaison to obtain a deep understanding of the business process and issues they face, and to work with IT to guide effective and creative technical solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with business areas and assist them in achieving their objectives.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the business and the enterprise applications supporting the business.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope, vision, and priorities.
- Assist the business with the creation of Business Cases and Opportunity Assessments.
- Elicit and analyze business requirements, business rules, data requirements, and business processes.
- Analyze and verify business requirements for accuracy, completeness, consistency, and comprehensibility with business stakeholders.
- Assess business impacts brought about by changes and new business processes.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters for business analysis deliverables on projects.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Support the business with documenting test cases and test scenarios to comprehensively test the business functionality and processes.
- Provide application support to the business on their enterprise applications by analyzing problems, prioritizing, and coordinating with the appropriate IT, vendor, and business resources to resolve issues.
- Review business questions and enhancements to determine impacts to the enterprise applications, business functionality, and business processes.
- Manage enterprise application configurations and maintain required documentation.
- Analyze required security classes based on business need.
- Pro-actively plan application changes, patches, and upgrades.
- Coordinate internal processes for incident, release, and change management.
- Assist with the development and delivery of user training material.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply them to application issues and business problems as required.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance.
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) recognized post-secondary certification in Business Analysis is considered an asset.
- Eight (8) years in a Business Analyst role, with five (5) years’ of experience in an application support role, including:
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom developed software.
- Experience providing direct business support on enterprise applications with critical Service Level Agreements.
- Experience working in the foreign exchange or financial industry preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form of bonus.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.