Application Systems Analyst (Temporary Position)
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Application Systems Analyst:
Reporting to the Director Enterprise Systems, the Application Systems Analyst provides guidance, support and assistance to business teams for technology related requests and supports system implementation and optimization. Working with the Business Analyst, this position functions as the main conduit to translate business requirements into system functionality.
- Provide application support to the business on their enterprise applications by analyzing problems, prioritizing, and coordinating with the appropriate IT, vendor, and business resources to resolve issues.
- Analyze, test, document, and manage production application configuration details with the business including workflows and application security.
- Manage changes to security classes and associated system changes.
- Coordinate and support all relevant work for application enhancements, integration, interfaces, and report development.
- Coordinate and manage requests and resolutions with external vendors.
- Document and conduct technical testing for problems, resolutions, patches, and upgrades with IT team and vendors.
- Prepare documentation for change management processes including backup and communication plans.
- Support the business with testing and training on application resolutions and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain documentation for application systems and database environments.
- Coordinate with IT resources and complete deployment of changes to various IT environments.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new custom applications or Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) implementations.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Participate in infrastructure projects that may affect enterprise applications to assess impact and ensure operational stability.
- Collaborate and build a strong relationship with all members of the business, IT team, and vendors to create and maintain reliable and efficient application solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply toolsets for deployment and source control management.
- Ability to document and maintain configuration and process information.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders and leaders.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Strongly committed to provide an excellent employee experience and environment.
- Client service minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong dedication to confidentiality.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- Five years in an application support role and application development and systems analysis experience, including:
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom developed software.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note this is a temporary 12-month position.