Application Systems Analyst (Temporary Position)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking for an experienced Application Systems Analyst to join our team for 6-12 months. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Systems, the Application Systems Analyst provides guidance, support and assistance to business teams for technology-related requests, and supports system implementation and optimization. Working with the Business Analyst, this position functions as the main conduit to translate business requirements into system functionality.
The Application Systems Analyst would be accountable for providing technology support for the effective use of system capabilities, to optimize system utilization, and for industry-leading use of data and technology-enabled products. This position is intended to provide project leadership and delivery, and to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex issues that have typically been escalated before assignment to this position. The ultimate objective of this role is to continuously improve the delivery of application services to the business.
- Provide application support to the business on our enterprise applications by analyzing problems, prioritizing, and coordinating with the appropriate IT, vendor, and business resources to resolve issues.
- Analyze, test, document, and manage production application configuration details with the business including workflows and application security.
- Manage changes to security classes and associated system changes.
- Coordinate and support all relevant work for application enhancements, integration, interfaces, and report development.
- Coordinate and manage requests and resolutions with external vendors.
- Document and conduct technical testing for problems, resolutions, patches, and upgrades with IT team and vendors.
- Prepare documentation for change management processes including backup and communication plans.
- Support the business with testing and training on application resolutions and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain documentation for application systems and database environments.
- Coordinate with IT resources and complete deployment of changes to various IT environments.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new custom applications or Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) implementations.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Participate in infrastructure projects that may affect enterprise applications to assess impact and ensure operational stability.
- Collaborate and build a strong relationship with all members of the business, IT team, and vendors to create and maintain reliable and efficient application solutions.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Competences:
- Broad knowledge of computer systems technology, programming, design techniques, and various systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to apply toolsets for deployment and source control management.
- Ability to document and maintain configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft .Net/C# and IIS
- Remote Desktop Services
- Window Server operating system
- Crystal Reports
- Visual Studio – Team Foundation Server
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drives for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in the field of computer science or information systems.
- Five (5) years in an application support role, and five (5) years application development and systems analysis experience, including:
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom developed software.
- Experience on application implementation projects.
- Experience working in the foreign exchange or financial industry preferred.
The shift is during the day, Monday to Friday. Please note this position is a maternity leave coverage position and as such, is a temporary role.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
- Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
- Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.