Analyst Trade and Payments Management
Location: Edmonton, AB
We believe business across borders can be less complex. At Firma Foreign Exchange, our International Payment and Currency Specialists provide global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. Established in 1998 in Edmonton, Alberta, Firma has grown to become a global company and is the 25th largest financial institution in Canada. We are trusted to move more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. All of our clients have a dedicated full-time Currency Specialist, monitoring the elements that can affect currency and providing our clients with a competitive exchange rate anywhere in the world, every time. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies, 2019. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certified and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Analyst Trade & Payments Management
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking for a self-motivated, detail-orientated individual to join our Incoming Payments or Disbursements Departments, located at our Edmonton Head Office which is in the heart of downtown Edmonton.
As an Analyst Trade & Payments Management you will be involved in transaction and payment processing as well as investigations pertaining to these processes. If you are results-oriented, have a high data entry speed, and can work in a fast-paced environment, then Firma wants to hear from you!
• Analyze fraudulent account behaviour/transactions to determine root cause of losses and perform analysis on customer accounts to identify potential fraudulent operations, understanding the various systems for disbursements
• Lead disbursement investigations; follow-up with the bank as required
• Ensure accurate documentation to substantiate case and ensure the appropriate evidence is obtained and documented
• Lead payee management (i.e. set-up, verification and updates to payees with appropriate segregation of duties)
• Review new payment information and recommend corrections; review and approve payees
• Identify, refer and/or escalate different types of risk to relevant area to be effectively investigated and resolved
• Execute payment (i.e. cheque runs, wire and EFT files to the bank, sending exotic currencies)
• Identify compliance issues and proceed as per company policy
• Communicate with appropriate stakeholders should issues arise with payments
• Other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Business Administration Diploma or related years working equivalent
• 2-3 years experience in payable/receivable procedures and fraud prevention, investigation or compliance
• Self-motivated and able to function well independently and in a team environment
• Understanding of risk analysis, third party verification and transaction fraud
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills
• Excellent job task planning and organization skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, meticulous attention to detail, work under pressure in a structured environment, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks
• Self-motivated and able to function well independently or in a group environment
• A demonstrated ability to work with numbers
• Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook – 2013 versions
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Various hours/shift times available, including early morning start times, providing support to our various office locations and time zones. Occasional overtime may be required to ensure transactions are completed in a timely manner.
• Salary to be discussed in interview.
• Eligible to earn up to 10% of salary in the form of bonus
• Medical and dental benefits
• 10 vacation days, 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment)
• After 3 months of successful employment you are eligible for one half-Friday off per month
• Firma will pay for completion of job-related training
• Employee recognition system – movie tickets, iPods, etc.
• Other perks – discounted ETS pass, casual Fridays, fresh fruit and beverages, staff appreciation events
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter identifying Trade & Payments Management Analyst in the subject line (re:) line to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.