Analyst Trade and Payments Management
About Firma Foreign Exchange
Since 1998, Firma Foreign Exchange has provided global currency solutions to help small businesses grow. We believe business across borders can be less complex.
Firma is a global company moving more than $14 billion in payments around the world safely and securely for our clients. Currency exchange can be complicated; at Firma we keep it simple and secure.
Firma Foreign Exchange is looking to expand our remarkable team, with people who provide remarkable service, resulting in remarkable growth.
We value those who:
1) Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial and ambitious.
2) Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty and personal responsibility in all relationships.
3) Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
4) Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
5) Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services and processes.
Office locations: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom
Awards: Firma is proud to have been awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020. For the last four years, Firma has also received Great Places to Work Certification and won Great Places to Work in 2018.
Analyst Trade & Payments Management:
Reporting to the Manager Financial Risk & Position Profit, the Analyst Trade & Payments Management is responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance with FIRMA’s procedures and processes related to currency position, Treasury pricing and supplier foreign currency deals. The Analyst is also accountable for contributing to effective Treasury management systems and processes that balance Firma’s overall financial, and reputational risk associated with its FX exposures, liquidity position, and forecasting, while performing incoming payments and disbursements functions on the overnight operations shift.
Hours of work: 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. MST
- Maintain strategy, processes and procedures to improve the credit, liquidity, operational and market risk of the business
- Monitor Firma’s currency position to ensure that the market position is accurately reflected in relation to booked trades
- Enter Supplier deals to cover Firma’s outstanding currency positions
- Monitor Firma’s Mark-to-Market (MTM) position with customers and Suppliers (banks)
- Work closely with Sales team to provide MTM notifications and margin calls to customers
- Monitor pre-deliveries of customer forward contracts
- Monitor margin and credit once forwards are considered expired
- Perform Incoming Payments responsibilities for the overnight operations shift
- Approve payee templates
- Perform Disbursements responsibilities as required for the overnight operations shift
- Perform Disbursement & Incoming Payments investigations and escalated cases; follow-up with the bank as required
- Analyze fraudulent account behaviour/transactions to determine root cause of losses and perform analysis on customer accounts to identify potential fraudulent operations, understanding the various systems for disbursements
- Maintain a detailed knowledge base of all products, services, strategies and pricing adopted by banking partners
- Energize and inspire the team – generating excitement, a sense of pride, and a drive to excel
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Serve as a key contact for internal and external stakeholders, while responding to and resolving escalated issues appropriately
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency, while also utilizing relevant internal technology to efficiently manage cash needs and deliverables
- Understand the competencies required for successful job performance
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and ability to function well independently as well as part of a team in a remote working environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to forecast issues; forward looking.
- Proven interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and business partners.
- A high level of attention to detail, strong written and oral communication.
- Understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Understanding of financial institutions and banking systems back-office processes.
- High-level financial skill: foreign currency, financial risk management, financial markets.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines.
- Openness to the ideas of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles.
- Customer and Service Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Commerce majoring in Finance or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in FX, treasury and/or risk, including payable/receivable procedures and fraud prevention, investigation or compliance.
- Completion of or working towards a Canadian Securities Course (CSC) certification, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation considered an asset.
- Salary to be discussed in interview.
- Eligible to earn a corporate incentive payment based on 10% of salary in the form our Corporate Incentive Program.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days (pro-rated for first year of employment).
- After 3 months of successful employment, eligible for one half-Friday off per month.
- Funded completion of job-related training.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
Interested applicants please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.